"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Matthew 7:7

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear Preston

Dearest Preston,
     Welcome to the World! Although we've only known you were coming for 37 weeks (I figured out that I was pregnant at only one week and you were delivered two weeks early), now that you're here, it feels like your dad and I have been waiting for you all of our lives. We've had you home for three weeks now and not only are you the sweetest, most lovable baby, this has also been the best three weeks of our lives.  Your birth wasn't the easiest, but like your mama, you were in a hurry to get somewhere and couldn't wait any longer.  I understand and I'm not upset... I wanted you to be here so badly,  I was overjoyed that the doctors said you needed to come a little before we'd planned!
     At 6lbs 5ozs, you were born a little guy but you have such a strong spirit. You have a late-night scream that easily wakes the neighbors and I'm so proud of that. You have your daddy's dark hair, beautiful blue eyes and round nose... plus my chubby cheeks, round bottom and little lips. All in all, in every aspect, you are so beautiful and absolutely perfect. We're so happy because you're just now starting to fit into you're Newborn clothes, but you eat like your papa, so I have a feeling you'll be growing out of everything shortly ;)
    You should know that even though your dad and I weren't married when you were born, we were more in love anyone you'll ever know and you were always part of our plan.  We met two years ago while working at Velocity Sports Performance.  For your dad, it was love at fist sight. He chased me, as inconspicuously as possible, for weeks and it only took a short time for me to realize he was the man of my dreams.  We moved in together days after he confessed his love and we have been preparing for you since then.
   I'm going to be completely honest... the world is a big and scary place. But, in the same breath, it is the most amazing and wonderful adventure.  There will be hard times but more than that, there will be great times. All I ask is that you trust in God and that you trust in us. We will always be there to support you and love you no matter what the situation (and even bail you out when you get in trouble, just like our parents did for us). You come from two families with strong morals and I know that you will make us proud.
   My one piece of advice in life is to Be Kind. You come from a background with a lot of advantages, but everyone needs someone to love them and everyone needs a friend.  You will be raised in a household that preaches acceptance and patience. I want you to learn early that the people who push you away are the people who need you the most.  Together, we will find ways to share our love and you will learn to love everyone for who they are, no matter how different they might be.
  Thank you for being you. You are beautiful. wonderful and everything I dreamed you would be. Your dad and I love you more than you could imagine and we are so excited for the adventures that lie ahead. I'm so excited to teach you to crawl, walk and dance... I hope you'll still think I'll semi- cool when you're a teenager.. but even if I'm not, I'll love you to the moon and back a million times anyway :)

Congrats again on making it here... You are our pride and joy now and always will be.


xoxo,
Your Proud Mama,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes!! You are such a wonderful mother and I am so excited to watch you take this adventure. Preston is such a lucky boy to have you and Bubs, (and me), to help guide him through this life! I cannot wait to meet him and start spoiling my nephew!!

    I love you!!
    Auntie Kimbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Colleen. Can't wait to meet Preston. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete